We are a general dental practice with a team of dedicated and highly training professionals whose primary goal is to provide you superior dental care using the latest state-of-the-art technology .
Our practice focus is very comprehensive in nature in that we provide all types of dental care from pediatric dentistry to orthodontics, cosmetic procedures to all types of restorative dentistry, including oral surgery, sedation dentistry, and all phases of implant dentistry.
On your first visit, you will be given a Comprehensive Exam, which will include a full set of x-rays and intraoral photos. The primary goal of this visit is data collection and an opportunity to establish rapport so that we can better understand your dental needs and expectations. You will be given enough time to ask questions and Dr. Lu and her team are committed to educating you about your oral health care and all your treatment options.
We may not do a cleaning on your first visit due to either time or scheduling restrictions. If you would like to have a cleaning on your first visit, please make the scheduler aware of your expectations so that we can better serve your needs.
Digital X-rays, or radiographs, are also used in our office to provide us with invaluable information about your oral and dental health. By placing a wireless sensor in your mouth and using high-tech computer software, we are able to generate digital images of your mouth significantly faster than traditional X-rays. Not only are they friendly to the environment, they are much safer than traditional X-rays, reducing your radiation exposure by 90 percent!
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.